Elijah turns 4...the snacks.

For Elijah's party I put out an array of his favorite things to eat:
Peanut M&Ms
Goldfish Crackers
Donuts
Chips and Uncle Dan's Ranch Dip
Strawberries
Biscuits
and
Mini Meatball sandwiches.
For weeks before he would make suggestions for this list of goodies.  If I made something for dinner or lunch that he particularly liked he would say, "make this for my birthday Mama!" Some were practical, some were not like grilled cheese sandwiches or pancakes.  I distilled his wish list into something tasty and practical as much as possible.
To go with the nice winter weather outside, I served hot cocoa and marshmallows with chocolate covered pretzel sticks for stirring.  I had whipped cream in the fridge, but I forgot to put it out...sad.  Oh well, I will find a use for it.  Then I had pop for those that might not want cocoa.
Guests grazed in between activities, which is how I like it.
As a side note: I made the chocolate covered pretzel sticks myself.  This is so simple and easy...melt the chocolate in the microwave, 30 second increments at 50% power until melted and then dip in the pretzels.  I used a spoon to spread the chocolate over and remove any excess.  Then placed to harden on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.  I also made a gussied up version of these for the kids to take home...but, more on that next post.

Comments

Fairlightday said…
Such a sweet idea to use his favorite foods! love it!

Popular Posts