Wake me up...

I needed a cup of coffee this morning, strong and dark. Usually Elijah sleeps a solid 10 hours straight with no wake ups. But last night starting at 1:30 AM and continuing on until he wanted up at 5:15 AM he was awake about every hour. It was one of those nights where nothing I could do was right and he let me know it. This age is wonderful, but so hard too...the meltdowns can happen without warning. I have read that 2 years olds are like that, but also that year 3 can be hard too. Is it one or the other? Or is there a chance that I will be on this roller coaster for two years? I pray a lot...for patience, for the grace to be the strong Mama that he needs, to stick to my guns when I say no and that it will pay off in the future...and for endurance, yes, I need that too. Much of the time Elijah has such a sweet nature with a servants heart... he loves to help with anything.
We made pancakes yesterday morning and he loved it...although a little meltdown happened when the mixing was done. You just can't reason with a 2 year old and they just don't understand the concept that over-mixing pancake batter results in sad, flat pancakes...he just wanted to keep mixing. And who can blame him? It's fun!
Speaking of pancakes, I have been wanting to share my favorite pancake recipe for awhile...they are easy and yummy and they puff up when you cook them.

Featherlight Yogurt Pancakes
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 to 1 1/4 cups milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup yogurt (I use what I have either plain or flavored)
1/4 cup butter, melted

In a large bowl mix together dry ingredients. In a smaller bowl combine milk, eggs, and yogurt. Stir in butter. Pour liquids into flour mixture, mixing just until dampened. Pour 1/4 cup batter on hot greased griddle for each pancake.
Makes 16 pancakes or so.
Adapted from the Favorite Brand Name Recipe Cookbook
Let me know if you make them and what you think. I make a big batch and then use them throughout the week for breakfasts or freeze them for future use. They do freeze nicely.
Now I must go hug my persnickety 2 year old.

Comments

Amanda said…
yum...will definitely have to try these! praying that your persnickety little man gets some rest and will be a bit less of a handful later! i hear you on the need for endurance...in my Bible time this morning the Lord really spoke to me about HIS strength and that being what gives me the patience and endurance to have joy...and i so need that in the midst of my days right now. kate is a fiery one...and well, elizabeth, bless her heart...she's almost four...and FULL of gabbing and questions and there is never a silent moment...which is precious...some of the time...but so irritating at others when all i want is one cotton pickin' moment of silence! :) praying for you today!

Popular Posts