The Doll and the Boy...

This is the baby shower gift that i had made a couple of weeks ago for my Sister-in-Law Nicole...She liked it.
I designed the pillow and quilt myself, but I used the this doll pattern created by the very talented Emily of The Black Apple. The pattern was simple and made up very quickly. I was very happy with the end result. I even chose not to use the felt for hair (as I had none) and I went with a calico quilter's cotton that I already had. I love the vintage feel of it. All was made from what I had on hand, which to quote Martha, is always a good thing.



A couple of pictures of my sweet boy, as it has been far too long since I posted any. I love all moments with this child, even the crying tantrums. I want to document everything so as to remember when the moments are gone. He was mad...I cannot recall why.



One more...we were playing peek-a-boo. I sneaked the camera under the blanket in order to capture the moment.
His smile never fails to delight and charm me...

Comments

Amanda said…
the doll is fabulous...and little man too! isn't it funny that even in the midst of their tantrums our hearts can burst with love for them!
Lisa said…
Oh Sarah, your son is adorable - he just keeps getting cuter and cuter!!!

btw - we LOVED the recipe, one of our new favs!
So cute! I love how crafty you are. Maybe by reading your blog some of it can rub off on me... :)
What fun times you must have with that cutie!

Popular Posts