A Gastronomic Tour and More...

My boys returned safely...so nice to have them home.
I have been a busy bee...
Here I am at 29 (almost 30) weeks...

This is the pillowcase top in the apple print I talked about.
I am pretty happy with it. It's very comfortable which is my constant goal these days. Not a great belly shot...I best take a better one. How true is it that the second child tends to get the short end of the stick. It's not they are forgotten...it's just that their older sibling tends to command much of Mama's attention. So I apologize to my little one now. You are not less important, you are already much loved, your older brother is just keeping me running right now (well, waddling might be a better way to put it).

I had a stack of clipped and printed recipes that was beginning to take over. I spent a weekend purging and then organizing the remaining recipes. I have had this fabulous vintage recipe box that my Mom gave to me a few years back as well as a blank recipe notebook from the 1950's, also from Mama. It was time they were put to use...
So 12 hours of writing later...

The project was done. My recipes are cataloged and ready. Beauty.

My jaunt to the farmer's market has had me all a dither about food lately...

Watermelon and steamed green and yellow wax beans for lunch yesterday.
Whole grain toast and eggs with fresh tomato and ground pepper for breakfast this morning. Along with a nice cup of tea.
Steamed beets and their greens with red wine vinegar for lunch.
Fresh zucchini, sweet onion, and red bell pepper for the grill.
Each meal was fabulous. I love Summer eating!

Comments

Fairlightday said…
You look lovely and pregnant. I can't believe how close you are! Are you going to have this little one at home? All your meals look delicious (except the beets. I don't do beets. :))
Lisa said…
Fairlight, I don't do beets either! But oh how I love summer food.....
And that shirt - you look adorble Sarah. I can't figure out which is cutter - your top or your belly.....
Little Candle said…
I know I'm a bit weird about beets. I have always loved them from the time I was little. And since David was gone, I thought it was a perfect time to indulge. It's OK girls you don't have to eat any...that means all the more for me! :)
And thanks for the shirt love...I wish that I had had a little bit more of the apple print and then I would have made the band of white a little narrower. That's the only thing I would change. Hugs!
Leslie said…
ohhh I don't do beets either, but I do adore adore adore that top and those green beans and tomatoes looks so yummy...

We are doing so many similar things... I also have been reorganziing my recipes into condensing them all. This nesting thing is brutal huh.
Wow, you've been so busy! Thirty weeks already?! Yay! you look great! :)
I eat more veggies when my hubby is elsewhere too. He is not great at all at eating his veggies... The boys don't have a good role model for that in their daddy. At least he makes up for it in other things. :)
Chelle said…
the shirt and the lady wearing it: cute, cute cute!

You look so good.

And I have to say that those veggie pictures look so delish.

You nesting Moms are something else.

Popular Posts