Right Now...

~I just pulled Sour Cream Pumpkin Bars out of the oven.  Once they are cooled I will be icing them with Brown Butter Frosting.  I will let you know if they are any good and then I can post the recipe.  They are for Evelyn's Christmas party at pre-School, she helped me measure and mix...I think I might have a little baker on my hands!
~I cleaned my desk yesterday.  I did my filing, I organized all the flotsam and jetsam that collects, recycled papers, paid bills.  A clean desk really leads to a clean mind (at least for me), why can't I keep it that way?
~Elijah and I have been playing a lot of cards lately...Eights, Spit, Go Fish, War.  He soundly kicks my booty most of the time, but I got him on Eights the other day.  I was so proud of him, he was a good sport about it and didn't mope one bit.  My training has been paying off.  We don't gloat in this house and we congratulate the winner after a game.  Although, I will disclose that it is perfectly acceptable to tell the person or persons with whom one is playing that you will beat them next time...as a heads up really.  :)
~I have been eating a lot of oatmeal lately.  Something about cold, snowy weather that lends itself to thick, creamy oats...rib sticking.  My little ones love it too.
~The kiddies have been getting lots of warm baths in the evenings.  The wintertime  is good for that, they seem so much cozier and a nice way to get ready for bed.  On that same note, I have been making yummy cups of hot cocoa for the littles after school most days.  I make it with milk, they add their marshmallows and all seems right with the world.  It's a nice way to be welcomed after being out and about in the world.
~I mailed the Christmas letters and photos yesterday.  Whoop!  It's those small victories that make such a difference in my domestic life!
Peace friends!

Comments

Popular Posts