A little of this and that...




So many little things going on here.  The unpacking continues.  Slowly day by day more gets done.  David did some furniture re-shuffling yesterday and that was a big help too.  Sometimes the first place you put things does not end up being the right one, so a little move or two is needed.  It is starting to feel a bit more like our home.  Once we paint, I think that will make all the difference.
I have been having the kiddies make more ornaments for the tree...they love that, truely.
Snack making and baking is happening in little bits.  I want to make a batch or two of Christmas cookies, but I haven't found a recipe that sings to me, "Oh, make me!  Make me!"  So the hunt continues.  Any suggestions?
We got our first big snow of the season over the weekend.  Wow, 10 inches or so and now it is bitter cold.  David got a new snow thrower and his is putting it to work again as I type.  There was wind last night that blew more snow onto his nicely scraped driveway.  He's so good about keeping those things done.  I am grateful, that is the last place I would want to be as it is a balmy 7 degrees outside.  I'll stay inside with my coffee doing laundry and cleaning the bathrooms.  But, then he likes to ski, so maybe he doesn't mind all that much.  Being out in the cold and snow I mean.
Did you see those beauties up there???  David brought me those a week ago...just because.  Oh my!  Beautiful! I enjoyed them all week.  Now there are a few roses in a small vase on the counter...the others bit the dust.  I love getting flowers even though they die so quickly.  So sweet of him.
Well, time to get a move on...what are you working on today?

Comments

Jenny said…
Snicker doodles and sugar cookies are good. And I loved those chocolate chip pumpkin cookies you made one time, a long time ago in a land far, far away. ;-)

Oh, try my great grandma's sugar cookie recipe. They have a touch of lemon extract and they melt in your mouth: http://thepumpkintheprincess.blogspot.com/2011/12/cookie-time.html

Popular Posts