Now under glass...

OK, so these pictures aren't the greatest...hopefully you can see what I am gushing about. This is definitely a small thing, but, really aren't the small things in life sometimes the biggest?
While at Ikea last weekend, I finally got a covered cake stand. I have been wanting one for awhile and I just haven't seen them around very often. So when I saw one (one of only two left on the display mind you) I snatched it up. I just love the look and the homeyness that it imparts...
I love the idea of having yummy baked goods tucked in there for my sweet ones to nibble on...and me, of course, who am I kidding? I love a yummy baked morsel any day of the week I tell you. That up there is banana bread by the way. I am happy to report that in the days that it has been nestled under glass the bread has remained moist and well...yummy. My super picky two year old even scarfs it down...an August miracle! So if I have to bake often to get fruit and fiber into my little boy I will... ;) We'll just forget about the sugar and the fact that I really like it too. Plus, I can't tell the difference when I sneak in whole grain bread flour and flax meal and it doesn't seem like he does either. So there's some goodness in there too, I promise. :)

Comments

Popular Posts