Cold, cold go away...








We are still bitter cold here.
I went to the grocery store this morning...I felt that my face was about to fall off from the wind chill and all of the snot in my nasal passages froze.  I think the kiddies were in the same boat, although they didn't say.  We are due for another snow storm on Thursday...yay.  There is an Imagination Movers song that keeps playing in my head.
"Springtime...because the winter was a bummer.
Gonna find a shady tree where I can stop and sit.
Springtime, I know my Summer clothes are lonely.
I've grown so much this year, I hope they all still fit."
Geared to kids of course, my Summer clothes should still fit just fine...even be a little big hopefully.
And on and on it goes...Spring is on my mind.  Just to be able to go outside without worrying about the windchill will be wonderful.  Elijah told me the other day that he can't wait to be able to just grab his backpack and nothing else when it's time for school.  I concur.  It gets a little laborsome putting on boots, snow pants, coat, hat, mittens, and scarf every time.
I forgot to share pictures of the finished valentines.  Elijah's are up there, but I forgot to take a picture of Evelyn's.  She had to do 44 total...poor thing.  She did amazing cutting out each and every heart. Here cutting skills are amazing for a 4 year old.  I had nothing to do with it, I have to admit.  Her teachers deserve all the glory. Elijah was the only kid (Evelyn too for that matter) that made his valentines.  Does no one do that anymore?  There was one child that gave out home made crayons however.  I have met her Mom and we had a nice chat.  She seems like she might be my type of crafty woman.  She and I should become friends.
I am still quilting the lap quilt.  It is close to being ready for binding.  I got a little side tracked with knitting a pair of fingerless mittens.  I am almost done with the second one and then I kind of want to make a lovely cowel to match.  It feels right to be working on because they are things that are useful this time of year.  I won't be in the mood come Spring and Summer, so best get 'em done.
Homemade waffles for dinner tonight.  Does anyone else thing that sounds as brilliant as I do? ;)  I can't tell you how excited I am about it.  Ha, what a fruit loop I am.  It's the small things in life that bring the most joy if I am honest with myself.
Anyway, peace friends...time to go make that waffle batter.

Comments

Popular Posts