He's 6...

Elijah turned 6 last week.  He was officially spoiled with packages and cards coming from family on the West Coast as well as goodies from his Daddy and me.  He had balloons and cake and special day at school.  At the end of the day he told me it was the best birthday ever!
I can't fathom how I didn't even know him until 6 years ago.  I feel like he has always been there, it's weird to think that he hasn't.  He loves games and puzzles, Lego's and math.  He asks to watch the PBS show Nova every Wednesday and he also asks his Dad if he can watch "old" shows.  By that he means a show that deals with something in the past...Egypt, Astronomy, long ago wars, etc.  He also loves the shows Gold Rush and Wicked Tuna.  It makes me laugh at how a six year old can sit still and absorb and enjoy watching them.  But he gets it, and he is a sponge soaking up everything.  He wants to know about everything and how everything works...he always has. He's silly, with a deep affection for knock knock jokes and nonsense rhymes.  He loves roast beef sandwiches, chicken noodle or tomato soup, tuna fish, carrot sticks, oranges, tacos, and macaroni and cheese.
My live is so much richer because he is in it. I am very blessed to have my Elijah Lee.

Comments

Popular Posts