Mmmmmmm...

I didn't get a chance to take more pictures of the house as I had hoped last night, so those will have to wait for another day. I did want to share a couple of recipes that are old standbys in my recipe box.
When David's Family were here a few weeks ago, one of the meals that we made was make your own pizza. I have a quick pizza a dough recipe that I used. I whipped up a batch and then broke it into little balls that were then flattened for each person to top. What I love about this particular dough resipe is that you don't have to let it rise if you don't want to. It also freezes really well for future use.

Pizza Dough
3 cups flour (I like to substitute one of the cups for whole wheat flour)
1 pkg active dry yeast
2 tbls oil
1 tsp salt
1 tbls sugar
1 cup water

Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a mixing bowl. Mix oil and warm water into the flour mixture until well combined and the dough is nice and elastic. (I love my Kitchen Aid mixture for this) Spread into pizza pan. Top as desired. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes
Note: I like to pre-bake the dough in the oven for about seven minutes before topping. This helps prevent an under cooked center. You will want to experiment with the time depending on your oven.

This next recipe is one that my Mom used when I was growing up. Honestly, she still uses it, it is not like she stopped when I became an adult. It is the best brownie recipe. They are chewy, yet fudgy and perfect for when I need a chocolate fix.

Easy Brownies
1 stick butter
2 tblp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Melt butter in a medium sauce pan. Once the butter has melted turn off the stove. You will continue to add all of the ingredients to the sauce pan. Mix the sugar and vanilla into the butter mixture. Beat in the eggs one at a time until the batter is smooth and glossy. Add flour and nuts and mix until well incorporated. Grease a square baking dish. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes. Don't over bake, these are meant to be chewy and fudgy.
Note: I like to sprinkle the top with milk chocolate chips just after removing from the oven and letting them sit for about 5 minutes. Once they have fully melted, I spread them across the top of the brownies with a butter knife. This makes an already great brownie, even better!

Comments

Popular Posts