The Sun through the leaves...

What a wonderful weekend...
The weather was stunning. The sun sang through the leaves producing a dappled light on the green grass below. I especially love early morning light. I must admit that I have never been a morning person. My best work and thinking time was always after 10 p.m. However, after having Little Man, that has changed. I can't say that I am completly coherant in the mornings yet, but it's getting better. Elijah, is usually up between 5:30 and 5:45 a.m. and usually I drag myself out of bed, (or David so sweetly does) to get the Little Boy his breakfast. But, I have noticed how lovely the light is at that time of the day at least. It seemed especially golden and rich this weekend.
The promised pictures to come this week...I had left my camera at work over the weekend.

Things I am loving right now:

~Homemade granola (I used this recipe)
~Allyson Hill's blog (I hope she posts again soon)
~The toys at A Child's Dream (Is it crazy that I want to switch Elijah's toys to all wood? These lead recalls are a concern)
~Bison Steaks (sorry, I can't recall the company's name)
~The book, Peony in Love by Lisa See
~These chairs (I think Elijah needs the green one)
~Clean sheets (This is always a love, but in the summer especially)
~Homemade Potato Salad (I just made up my own recipe, but this month's Martha Stewart had some nice looking ones to try)
~ Edges of his Ways daily devotional by Amy Carmichael (I have a well loved copy from the 50's that my Mom gave to me. If you have never heard her story give her a Google, she is one of my Christian mentors)

What are you loving right now?

Comments

Fairlightday said…
Love the list of loves. And I don't think your crazy about wanting to switch to wood toys. We are doing are best not to buy any more plastic ones. Just wood and fabric. It's very hard. I'm glad to hear that spring has arrived and you are doing well. Take care of yourself!

Popular Posts