35 and the next project...

Elijah took this picture of me.  Not too bad for the end of the day.
Tomorrow I turn 35.  I still feel like I should be 12 or so, most days.  Elijah wants me to make a cake.  He told me that he would bake it, but, he is not allowed to use the oven.  Maybe I will.  White cake with strawberries and whipped cream sounds yummy.  The kiddies made me cards this morning.  They hid them downstairs so that I wouldn't be able to see them until tomorrow...so sweet.
Here is a glimpse of my next project.  I started making fabric yo-yo's several years ago, but only ended up with about 12 or so done.  I am going to make more and I think I want to use them to make a table runner or something.  I went to Joann's and got a few more fabrics to add more color and dimension to the thing as my tastes have changed a bit.  I want to tone down the pink and purple of what I had already have made.  This project will be all hand sewing...which I like, so bring on the Netflix.  I foresee a great deal of BBC shows in my future...yes!  Anything anyone wants to recommend?  British TV is my fav right now. I also want to get back to watching classic films...anything I should see?  I love Jimmy Stewart, Fred Astaire, Cary Grant, etc.  Musicals, comedy, or drama...it's all good.
The quilt is almost done, just need to quilt it now.  I think I am going to stitch in the ditch or do lines of stitching straight up and down with the sewing machine.  I am still liking how it turned out.  I used up just about every bit of the blue flannel and all of the wool squares that I had, which I am happy about.  I love it when things are put to good use.  I hope that I have honored the vision of the person that took the time to cut out all of the wool squares...at least in some small way.  I am thinking of giving this quilt away and I have someone in mind.  I think they will like it.  They have always spoken of the virtues of wool, so it seems like a good fit.  So now I think I should embroider my initials on it or something.  I'll keep you posted.
Lunch time...I must go feed my hungry, hungry hippos!

Comments

Popular Posts