Keep on going...



We woke up yesterday morning with a thing layer of ice coating the pond.  I guess the cold weather has come to stay.  I wonder what the minks do now that things are starting to freeze...I suppose I could google it if I really wanted to know.  There was a female mallard walking on the ice this morning...what a sight.  I'm not sure where she took herself off to...I love watching our backyard wildlife.
The unpacking of the boxes continues.  I have set myself a goal of tackling 10 per day.  I figure in a week I should be close to done.  Finding new places for things is tough.  I want the house to be organized and to make sense, but I have to live in it for awhile before I really know how things should be.  I expect in around 6 months I will be reshuffling things.  I found the box of towels today and the master bedroom lamps.  I did a happy dance!  Now I don't have to use my book light to read before bed any longer...I can just click on my lamp.  Sigh, it's the little things isn't it?
I have been baking almost everyday too.  I think it is having found my Kitchen Aid mixer again after a year and a half.  What a joy it is to use.  Plus, something about fall and colder weather just calls out for cookies and warm apple upside-down cake.  Getting the kiddies back on track with what they eat is a priority too.  I had fallen into relying on processed food way to much over the last year.  Now I am working to get back to making more from scratch and not letting things into the house that I know are not good for their growing bodies like sugary cereals and gummy fruit snacks.  I have pulled out my folder of recipes and will be making homemade crackers, granola, and honey whole wheat sandwich bread which the kids have always liked. We are also back to have fresh fruits and veggies at every meal and there has been minimal complaining about that, Rubia even decided lightly steamed green beans are tasty.  Elijah and Evelyn didn't, but they did their part and ate what was on their plates anyway.
Although things are stilled jumbled and chaotic, I feel more calm and with each day a little stress from moving melts away.  I'm so happy to be where we are...now if I could just find that silverware (seriously, it's starting to really drive me crazy).

Comments

Popular Posts