Taking a step back...

Today I packed up Evelyn's dress-up basket, the kid's bedding, and the rest of my paired down sewing and crafting supplies.  I still have much to do, but I had to stop and spend some uninterrupted time with my babies.  We played outside, read books, ate chocolate chip cookies, and did puzzles.
I began to feel a bit blue at leaving this little house of ours and I needed to just "be" with my babies for awhile.  So many memories have happened here, so much growing and changing in the lives of my little ones...walking, talking, playing.
I thought of all of the meals I have cooked, and all of the times I have begrudgingly cleaned the bathrooms (my least favorite chore).  We have grown and changed as a family and while David and I are ready to move on to what is next, I think back to our years here with fondness.
So while I looked back a bit today, the to-do list will wait for no-one.  Next weekend and the move will be here fast and furious, so organizing and crossing things off of my list continues tomorrow.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing! I've been thinking of you... I know our day for moving out of here will be here sooner than I want. We've been here almost 7 years! But we'll most likely be out of here at the end of summer. Good luck with your move, & can't wait to see pics of your personalization of the new place!

Popular Posts