Lovely Day...

Today is my birthday...
So far it has been lovely.

David gave me this wonderful stack of books...

I made scones from The Art of Simple Food...goodess, truely.
He also gave me this coffee press.
I have wanted one for quite awhile now.
I felt very European this morning as I sipped my coffee...

The older I get, the less I feel like an adult. I feel like I should still be only about 10 years old, which is great for having little children...I like playing with the play dough, fake food and play dishes just as much as Elijah does.
I have always enjoyed having a February birthday. There has never been any pressure to do anything big or take trip somehwere. I like quiet and small for my birthday, staying indoors, surrounded by loved ones, doing my favorite things...simple things. It is no surprise that I am a homebody. I do love to travel and see the world, but, it is always nice to come home. So that must be why I love a winter birthday, I get to be home, I get to be comfortable and cozy.
Today also happens to be the Super Bowl...and being Steelers fans in this house, it is also a big day for that reason. It's another nice way to spend the day...watching the Steelers win their sixth title...:)
Have a great rest of your weekend.

Comments

Lisa said…
happy day, sweet girl!

Popular Posts