The New and the Different...

When one thing is taken away...another is gained
That is what
I choose to
believe.

I watched the sun rise
from the earth
orange and
pink.

I thought
and thought
about the road
ahead.

We have this moment
given with no
gaurantee of
more.

And so we will dance
laugh,
hold and
sigh.

We wait for the new
and the different.
What
will it be?

I thought I would dust off my creative writing and try my hand at poetry again. The skeleton for this was created this morning as I drove through the frozen Midwest landscape. The line breaks are all where they are for a reason, to create pause and different possibilities in meaning.

David was let go from his job this week. We are thrust into another state of transition. Scripture is always a balm for times like these:
"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Amen.
I imagine we are in a very long windowless hallway, full of doors. We are at the beginning and will try each one in turn until one opens. I have a heady dose of excitement mixed with apprehension going through my veins.
So we wait.

Comments

Amanda said…
sarah...thanks for sharing your beautiful poetry. i am praying for you guys in the midst of the unknown. may God reveal His plans and hold you safely in His hand in the meantime...as we KNOW He will!
Your writing is striking and beautiful - while causing an ache at the same time. You do a beautiful job of expressing your self with words!
I am thinking of you guys today and praying so mcuh! This is a road that so many in my life are walking down.
I am so repectful of your trust in God.

Popular Posts