Spring Break...














It's Spring Break this week...although it doesn't much feel like it.  We still have a yard full of snow and a fast moving storm dropped a couple of inches yesterday.  But, we aren't letting that slow us down.  I declared that this would be the week of doping things we don't normally get to do all.  The library, eating inside a fast food restaurant, a visit to see the dinosaurs at the science museum, having friends over to play, swimming at the community center, and this afternoon we are going to head up north for the weekend, to scout out cabins for a family vacation this coming Summer.  It has been lovely.
I got a couple of books I have been wanting to read from the library.  I had put in a request to get them a couple of months ago.  I love getting those e-mails that say I have books waiting.  I do a happy dance...seriously.  a day without reading, isn't a complete day for me.  I started in first on Under the Wide and Starry Sky by Nancy Horan.  She wrote Loving Frank a couple of years ago and I really enjoyed it.  So far this one is good as well.  The second one is The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton.  I have good such good things about it, I can't wait to dig in.
Oh, and I also decorated a bit for Easter and made super easy and yummy granola bars.  All the store-bought granola bars seem to have sugar alcohols in them, so I won't by them.  They are not good for kids and can cause serious tummy upset. Homemade is always better anyway.
Well, I best get packing so we can get on the road.
Peace Friends!

Comments

Popular Posts