The Soundtrack...

Hi all! Boy it has been a busy week...yes?
Music is a common thread throughout my days. I love music, David loves music, Elijah loves music, Evelyn surely loves music although she hasn't voices an opinion yet...hec you love music too, am I right?
There are certain songs that I can listen to over and over again and never tire of...I call them my life's soundtrack. It's music that moves me physically and emotionally, that I belt out every. single. time.
White Shadows - Coldplay
San Angelo - Third Day
Drops of Jupiter - Train
Thrive - Newsboys
Hold Me Jesus - Rich Mullins
Swallowed in the Sea - Coldplay
Million Pieces - Newsboys
Lonely Cowboy - Virginia Coalition
Love Takes Time - Bryan Duncan
Now I have a new one to add to the list.
Beautiful World - Carolina Liar
I bop my head in a figure eight pattern when the music crescendos and pound the steering wheel with the palms of my hands. This is such a good song. I think that the singer/writer of this song is talking about the world being beautiful with tongue in cheek...however, I don't take it that way. It really is a beautiful world that we live in. The intricacies of God's creation are astounding and mind bending. And music is a crucial part of that. Don't you love how the two go together so well? How many of us have taken a drive with windows rolled down and music blaring, I mean really good, can't help but move and sing music...a show of hands? We drive looking and at the amazing world around us, with music...our soundtrack playing. I have always liked the idea of having a soundtrack to follow me through my days. Music just seems to make things...better, more exciting, more meaningful somehow. I appreciate good music on movies and TV shows. I know David agrees with me. Our favorite show (soon to be cancelled...NO!) Life has the best music. It often sends David to the computer to check out the music on iTunes.
I just appreciate music and view it as yet another gift from my creator.
If you had a soundtrack what would be on it?

Comments

Popular Posts