Getting some rest...

OH where have I been? Here at home mostly.
My Sweet little ones are at their Grandma's and Auntie's until the baby comes. It has so far been a very restful break for me, but it seems unnatural and strange to be childless at the moment. To have all of this time be my own seems wrong somehow and almost decadent. I feel like I have blown off responsibility and there is a wee twinge of guilt there too.
But, in all honesty I am enjoying it too. I puttered around at several yard sales last weekend and picked up a few little things. One of my favorite scores being a large pile of nice clothes for Evelyn for only $6. I also hit the library for a few books and movies. The first time I tried to read on Friday, I had to put the book down and find something else to do, it was much too quiet in the house and I couldn't concentrate. I had not realized how in tune my ears are to the children and to the noises that they make. Not hearing them playing or even sleeping is strange. I have gotten more accustomed to it the last few days and I have been able to read and not be quite so distracted. But, oh how I miss them.
I have worked on a few projects as well and have done a bit of cleaning. The bathrooms still need attention, but golly I hate that chore and I find myself putting it off. I need to just get in there and do it. I did get all the sheets changed and the kitchen floor swept and washed. I just need to ready the guest room for my Mom's arrival when the baby comes and a few other housekeeping duties...washing the car seat cover, bring up the baby swing and bouncy seat from the basement etc. But, my bag is packed and the baby's diapers and bed are all ready and waiting.
Having David all to myself has been nice too. We laugh so much and are our happy, goofy selves. Last night we polished off the last of our episodes of the show Chuck. It is a silly show about an accidental nerd of a spy and his handlers. We enjoy it. We also have Netflix that sometimes takes us weeks to watch, so hopefully in the next couple of days we will watch our latest selection, Letters from Iwo Jima. I love a good World War II movie. I just hope it is not too graphic and violent. I tend to get a little queasy while watching those kinds of scenes...Saving Private Ryan's opening scenes of D-Day were really hard for me to watch because of that. I know that it was even worse for those that lived it, I struggle with visually seeing what man is/was capable of doing to each other. I think I feel a dark sadness more than anything while watching such things. Humans are so cruel to one another especially in the name of war.
Wow, did I ever digress...sorry.
I hope to get back on here soon, I have lots of pictures to share...the kids and I playing with Goo (it's so fun to make, I will share the recipe), the craft kits that I made up for this Summer, and I want to talk about a couple of books that I just read. I have two weeks until my due date...I'll keep you posted about that too. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for checking in! I'm excited for you! You're almost there! Don't feel guilty about having the kids away for a bit.... what I would give to have a bit of a break from them sometimes!! I love them to death, but sometimes, we Mommies need a bit of "me-time". Keep us posted as soon as you can on the birth!! Hugs!!

Popular Posts